[GAP Forum] Problems getting GAP to read my files

Marc Keilberg keilberg at usc.edu
Sat Jun 20 06:56:54 BST 2020

Try putting the file in the bin subfolder.  That's the folder the program
is executed from normally, so will be the base directory.  Try
Read("./setup.g") if just "setup.g" doesn't work.  Alternatively, once you
know that it starts in bin, you can direct it to the correct folder
accordingly, such as Read("../setup.g") to go up a level.

There's probably a way to change what the starting folder location is in an
ini file somewhere, but I haven't delved into the matter that heavily;
working out of /bin sufficed for me.

Marc