[GAP Forum] Generators of a group in ( n * n )Matrix form

David Musyoka davidmusyoka21 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 20 07:22:52 BST 2020

Deat all,
Kind request to this team, i am new to GAP and i wish to be assisted in the following,
How can i generate a group e.g "Sp6(2)" as a matrix group by 7 * 7 matrices, then generate "S8" as a matrix group inside Sp6(2) by 7 * 7 matrices using GAP prog.

I wish that am assisted on how to execute the same step by step and the matrix generators for the two groups be listed.
Thank you team in advance.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 at 8:57, Marc Keilberg<keilberg at usc.edu> wrote:   Try putting the file in the bin subfolder.  That's the folder the program
is executed from normally, so will be the base directory.  Try
Read("./setup.g") if just "setup.g" doesn't work.  Alternatively, once you
know that it starts in bin, you can direct it to the correct folder
accordingly, such as Read("../setup.g") to go up a level.

There's probably a way to change what the starting folder location is in an
ini file somewhere, but I haven't delved into the matter that heavily;
working out of /bin sufficed for me.

Marc