[GAP Forum] Adding Extra Algebra Relations in GAP

Isaac Oppong isaac.oppong at aims.ac.rw
Tue Jun 23 18:40:56 BST 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a PhD student at the University of Kent, UK researching
quantum algebras. GAP has been very helpful to me in my research work most
especially in my computations.

Taking the quotient of a quantum enveloping algebra comes with extra
relations. Hence, please how can I add extra relations to the already
inbuilt relations in GAP. For example, how can I add a relation like: E_3^2
= E_1E_3E_4 + E_2E_4 + E_1E_4 + 2 to the already inbuilt relations we have
for U_q^+(B_2) in GAP.

I will appreciate any help very much.

Thanks,

Isaac

PS: A copy of this email has already been sent to the email address
support at gap-system.org. Hence if you receive this email twice, my
apologies!

--
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this email and any attachments are
confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you