[GAP Forum] Problems getting GAP to read my files

Russ Woodroofe rsw9 at cornell.edu
Sun Jun 21 12:24:07 BST 2020

Dear Will,
I want to tell you about my front-end and distribution for GAP on the Mac, Gap.app.  See
https://cocoagap.sourceforge.io/
It's listed under GAP's alternative distributions.

In particular, it has a File-Open for .g files (Command-Shift-O).  Also, Command-Option-Shift-O will repeat the last such open, so if you're debugging a program and reloading it over and over again, you can do it with one key shortcut.

There are two ways that Gap.app might help in your specific circumstance.
1)  I don't see where your read commands are badly formed, but if they somehow are, the File-Open dialog will likely issue them correctly.
2)  If there's an issue with your installation of GAP, then the GAP install included with the Gap.app+GAP download is tested and might work better.

Best,

  --Russ