[GAP Forum] Subgroup Conjugacy class lattice display

Russ Woodroofe rsw9 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 22 12:24:25 GMT 2020

Dear Vincent,
If the order on your groups is as nice as you say it is, one thing you could do would be to pull out xgap or my own Gap.app, and do the following:

gap> GraphicSubgroupLattice(G);
gap> List(ConjugacyClassesSubgroups(G), Representative);

Then choose the "Subgroups | InsertVertices from GAP" menu item in the subgroup lattice sheet.

It doesn't get you a dot file (though that wouldn't be so hard to code), but does let you work with the lattice interactively.
Best,

  --Russ