[GAP Forum] Subgroup Conjugacy class lattice display

Russ Woodroofe rsw9 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 22 12:24:25 GMT 2020

Dear Vincent,
If the order on your groups is as nice as you say it is, one thing you could do would be to pull out xgap or my own Gap.app, and do the following:

gap> GraphicSubgroupLattice(G);
gap> List(ConjugacyClassesSubgroups(G), Representative);

Then choose the "Subgroups | InsertVertices from GAP" menu item in the subgroup lattice sheet.

It doesn't get you a dot file (though that wouldn't be so hard to code), but does let you work with the lattice interactively.
Best,

--Russ

> On 22 Jan 2020, at 07:33, Vincent Giambalvo <vince37 at hawaii.edu> wrote:
> 
> Dear Forum,
> GAP has an easy builtin function to display the subgroup lattice of a very small group. 
> DotFileLatticeSubgroups creates a file that Graphviz can read and display. I am looking for a way to just display the conjugacy classes. I know there might be problems with the partial order, but for my groups the C1 < C2 iff there is a representative of C1 contained in C2 will be fine. And there is some hope of displaying this partially ordered set, while the set of subgroups is far to large. GAP really has all the information, is there a way to get it out in a reasonable format. I really don’t want to manually create the file node by node.
> Thanks for your help.
>   Vince
> 
> 
> 
> Sent from my iPad
> _______________________________________________
> Forum mailing list
> Forum at gap-system.org
> https://mail.gap-system.org/mailman/listinfo/forum

More information about the Forum mailing list