[GAP Forum] Subgroup Conjugacy class lattice display

Vincent Giambalvo vince37 at hawaii.edu
Wed Jan 22 06:33:42 GMT 2020

Dear Forum,
GAP has an easy builtin function to display the subgroup lattice of a very small group.
DotFileLatticeSubgroups creates a file that Graphviz can read and display. I am looking for a way to just display the conjugacy classes. I know there might be problems with the partial order, but for my groups the C1 < C2 iff there is a representative of C1 contained in C2 will be fine. And there is some hope of displaying this partially ordered set, while the set of subgroups is far to large. GAP really has all the information, is there a way to get it out in a reasonable format. I really don’t want to manually create the file node by node.
Thanks for your help.
   Vince

Sent from my iPad