[GAP Forum] Maximal subgroups of non-representatives in lattice

Vinod K. Valsalam vkv at cs.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 26 09:58:23 BST 2008

Dear GAP forum,

In the subgroup lattice produced by LatticeSubgroups(), I can find the
maximal subgroup relations among conjugacy class representatives using
the function MaximalSubgroupsLattice().  However, I am also interested
in the maximal subgroups of all the other elements of the class; not
just those of the class representatives.  In GAP 3, section 7.74 of
the manual describes an easy way to display this information by
setting the print level to 4 or 5:

    http://www.gap-system.org/Gap3/Manual3/C007S074.htm

But I don't know how to get this information in GAP 4.  I would
greatly appreciate any help.  Thank you!

Best regards,

Vinod Valsalam