[GAP Forum] Multiplicative Group modulo n

Sandeep Murthy sandeepr.murthy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 14:07:59 GMT 2010

Hi,

I think Units( R ), where R is a ring, will return the unit
group of a ring R, which is a multiplicative group.  A
field is a ring, so it should work.  According to the GAP
manual (p. 568), it will be returned either as a list or
group.  If the return is list, then you can always Group()
the list to make it a Group object.

Sincerely, Sandeep.