[GAP] Itanium and Sparc

dmitrii.pasechnik at cs.ox.ac.uk dmitrii.pasechnik at cs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 29 21:22:22 GMT 2017

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 07:23:02PM +0000, Stephen Linton wrote:
> Worth checking with the SageMath people? and with Bill Alombert?

Sagemath does not do ia64 and Solaris/SunOS (on Sparcs in particular),
and Linux on Sparcs any more.

At times of GAP 4.4.12 William Stein pushed for Sagemath (and thus, for
GAP) on these systems, as it was a condition for funding (some came
directly from Sun, for instance).
Sage 5.0.1 (resp. 5.13) was the last to be built on ia64 (resp. Sparc)
(then the hardware was gone):
www.sagemath.org/linux/itanium/index.html
www.sagemath.org/linux/sparc/index.html

That is, as far as Sagemath is concerned, this code can go.

Cheers,
Dima