[GAP] Itanium and Sparc

Max Horn Max.Horn at math.uni-giessen.de
Sun Jan 29 19:13:15 GMT 2017

Dear all,

is there anybody here who uses (or knows somebody who uses) GAP on either an Itanium system, or a Sparc system?

I am asking because we ostensibly have support for both in our source tree; but I know of nobody who tests GAP on either, and thus it is unclear to me whether it even still compiles, let alone works.

If anybody has such a system and some interest in helping to maintain support for either system, I'd be happy to cooperate with them on that. Otherwise, I am afraid we should seriously consider removing them, so as to not block our ability to refactor the code touched by both.

Cheers,
Max
--
Prof. Dr. Max Horn