[GAP Forum] Quagroup Installation

Alexander Konovalov alexander.konovalov at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Dec 11 17:35:06 GMT 2020

Dear Issac,

You're likely using apt to install GAP. Instead, I suggest to use the GAP
source distribution from https://www.gap-system.org/Releases/4.11.0.html,
which comes together with all packages redistributed with GAP. The top of
this page has brief instructions which suffice for most cases:

./configure
make
cd pkg
../bin/BuildPackages.sh

You will have to download and unpack one of the archives, e.g.

	https://files.gap-system.org/gap-4.11/tar.gz/gap-4.11.0.tar.gz

change to the gap-4.11.0 directory, and then perform the commands above.

Please let me know if this will work.

Best wishes
Alexander

> On 11 Dec 2020, at 17:22, Isaac Oppong <isaac.oppong at aims.ac.rw> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> My laptop got damaged. I am therefore installing my math software on a new
> laptop. I have managed to install GAP, but I am finding it difficult to
> install quagroup (NB: the installation of GAP didn't not give me the
> quagroup). I have followed the online procedures but didn't work. Please
> any help?  I am using Ubuntu 20.04.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Isaac.
>
> --
> DISCLAIMER: The contents of this email and any attachments are
> confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you
> have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately
> and you are herewith notified that the contents are legally privileged and
> that you do not have permission to disclose the contents to anyone, make
> copies thereof, retain or distribute or act upon it by any means,
> electronically, digitally or in print. The views expressed in this
> communication may be of a personal nature and not be representative of
> AIMS-Rwanda and/or any of its Initiatives.

Dr. Alexander Konovalov, Lecturer
School of Computer Science, University of St Andrews
Software Sustainability Institute Fellow
https://alex-konovalov.github.io/
--
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland:No.SC013532