[GAP Forum] FactorGroup of permutation groups

tkohl at math.bu.edu tkohl at math.bu.edu
Tue Dec 8 20:02:26 GMT 2020

Hi,

If N, H are permutation groups with H normal in N
and one computes FactorGroup(N,H) the result is expressed
in terms of generators and relations. Is there a way to
correlate the generators of FactorGroup(N,H) with a
transversal of H in N?

The reason I'm asking is that N acts transitively
on a collection of groups with H as the stabilizer
and I want to study the induced action of N/H (and most
importantly subgroups thereof) as it is substantially smaller.

Thanks.

	-Tim K.