[GAP Forum] The other intersection

Motalane, John john.motalane at ul.ac.za
Tue Sep 22 09:33:51 BST 2020

Dear All

Hoping that you are all well.

I am working on the Symplectic group Sp(6,2).

I am having a problem to get the other intersection, for an example the
intersection of the maximal subgroups 2^6:L3(2) and L2(8):3 is having two
candidates which are A_4 and PSL(3,2). In GAP, I am able to get A_4 only.
Please help me to get the other candidate using GAP.

Thanks in advance

Warm regards John

--

DISCLAIMER *** This message and any attachments are confidential and
intended solely for the addressee. The following link will display the full
disclaimer: http://www.ul.ac.za/disclaimer.jpg
<http://www.ul.ac.za/disclaimer.jpg> ***

--
**