[GAP Forum] How to write a compressed file

Alexander Konovalov alexander.konovalov at st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Apr 14 21:33:12 BST 2020

Hello Raphael - which version of GAP are you using, on which system?

Thanks,
ALexander

> On 14 Apr 2020, at 20:23, Raphael C <drraph at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am making a large DFA and would like to compress it before writing
> it to a file. I tried the following:
>
>    dfa := RemovedSinkStates(NFAtoDFA(nfa));
>    output := OutputTextFile("test.gz", false);
>    AppendTo(output, dfa);
>    CloseStream(output);
>
> But the file test.gz is not compressed.
>
> I was attempting to follow the instructions from
> https://www.gap-system.org/Manuals/doc/ref/chap10.html .
>
> How should this be done?
>
> Raphael

Dr. Alexander Konovalov, Lecturer
School of Computer Science, University of St Andrews
Software Sustainability Institute Fellow
https://alex-konovalov.github.io/
--
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland:No.SC013532