[GAP Forum] Collecting Groups

Ruth Hoffmann rh347 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Apr 10 11:55:15 BST 2020

Morning all!

Chris and I are looking for many examples of groups where finding the normaliser is taking a very long time in GAP. We are wanting to make a benchmark set of them for some algorithms we are currently working on.

Additionally, we want this to kick start a library where we collect groups (and group problems) that have the same computationally hard problem. Something along the lines of http://www.csplib.org but for groups.

For the moment, if you could message us any groups (or collection of groups) that take a very long time when calculating the normaliser, we’d be grateful!

Thanks,

Ruth & Chris

--
Dr Ruth Hoffmann