[GAP Forum] Groups St Andrews 2021 in Newcastle: First announcement

Colva Roney-Dougal Colva.Roney-Dougal at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Feb 14 09:27:28 GMT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

This is the first announcement of Groups St Andrews 2021 in Newcastle.

The conference will take place from Saturday 7th August, 2021 (arrival day) to Sunday 15th August (departure day).

There will be four Principal Speakers, each giving a minicourse of four lectures. They are:
	Michel Brion (Institut Fourier, Université Grenoble Alpes)
	Fanny Kassel (Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques)
	Denis Osin (Vanderbilt University)
	Pham Huu Tiep (Rutgers University)

In addition, there will be five plenary lectures, given by
	Miklos Abert (Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathematics)
	Yves de Cornulier (Université Lyon 1)
	Bettina Eick (Technische Universität Braunschweig)
	Michael Giudici (University of Western Australia)
	Julia Pevtsova (University of Washington)

Each delegate will have the option to offer a short contributed talk.

The conference website is available at the following link: http://www.groupsstandrews.org/2021/index.shtml

We encourage those interested in attending the conference to register on the website to receive further updates.

We hope that you will be able to join us in 2021.

Conference Organisers:
Colin Campbell, Martyn Quick, Edmund Robertson, Colva Roney-Dougal and David Stewart

Colva Roney-Dougal
Professor of Pure Mathematics
Director of Undergraduate Mathematics Admissions

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532