[GAP Forum] GRAPE documentation not compiling in fresh installation of GAP 4.10.1

mike newman mnewman at uottawa.ca
Mon Mar 25 21:33:42 GMT 2019

Dear Forum,

I recently updated to GAP 4.10.1, and installed it fresh.
However, the (LaTeX) documentation for GRAPE didn't get compiled.
So help files for GRAPE come up as ascii text on the screen while all
others come up as nice shiny .pdf files.

In the directory ${GAP_ROOT}/pkg/grape-4.8.1/doc/, there was no .pdf
file at all.  I ran
    . make_doc
at the bash command line to create manual.pdf and this seems to work
fine now.  So it's fixed for me, but presumably this should have been
part of the installation process.

Possible reason: I notice that in my old GAP 4.9.2, the relevant
directory was ${GAP_ROOT}/pkg/grape/doc/ so perhaps the installer was
expecting a version-less directory name?

--mike