[GAP Forum] Modern theory of group actions and the special role of finite simple groups - 3rd to 7th June

Christopher Jefferson caj21 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Dec 14 08:19:49 GMT 2018

We invite advanced students, PhD students and PostDocs to participate in a summer school on the topic of
„Modern theory of group actions and the special role of finite simple groups“.

3rd to 7th June 2019 at the Institut Mittag Leffler (Stockholm).  Deadline for applications is 1st February 2019.
Conference website:  https://ewmems2019mli.sciencesconf.org/   Mittag Leffler website: http://www.mittag-leffler.se/

The main speakers are

Alice Niemeyer, Cheryl Praeger and Colva Roney-Dougal,
teaching a 4 hours lecture course each,
and there will be additional short spotlight lectures.

There are 21 places available with funding, i.e. accommodation and meal allowance.
Up to 13 additional participants are possible, provided they find (and pay for) their own accommodation.
Even before official registration at the IML is open, we invite applications! Please include

  1.  a short CV and informal statement on why you wish to attend and what you hope to get out of the school and
  2.  a short recommendation from a supervisor.

Potential participants who wish to apply for financial support are asked to outline their needs in their application letter. Our resources are however quite limited.   As part of this summer school format we particularly encourage female candidates to apply!

Please email Rebecca Waldecker if you want to apply or in case of any questions, and please feel free to forward this announcement to anyone who might be interested.  rebecca.waldecker at mathematik.uni-halle.de<mailto:rebecca.waldecker at mathematik.uni-halle.de>