[GAP Forum] GAP Days Spring 2019 - Modern Permutation Group Algorithms - Halle (Saale) Germany

Markus Pfeiffer markus.pfeiffer at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Nov 28 10:50:10 GMT 2018

Dear all,

We warmly invite you to beautiful Halle an der Saale in Germany
for the
9th GAP Days, which will take place from 18th-22nd March 2019.

Registration is now open at:

  https://www.gapdays.de/gapdays2019-spring/registration

The theme of this GAP Days will be "Modern Permutation Group
Algorithms". During this GAP Days, we aim to survey and develop
the
algorithmic infrastructure for permutation groups in GAP,
beginning with
the basic orbit/stabiliser algorithms.

We would also like this GAP Days to be an opportunity for all
interested
people with little knowledge of the insides of GAP to join in:
this
includes undergraduate students, PhD students, post-docs, and more
experienced mathematicians. You will be able to meet us and each
other,
and learn about GAP development and algorithmic group theory in a
relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

To support these aims, we would like to include a small number of
talks
about computing with permutation groups in GAP. If there is a
particular
topic in this area that you would like to hear a talk about, then
please
include details in the comment box at registration. If you would
be
interested in contributing such a talk, then please include your
proposed title.

We have set aside a small number of hotel rooms at the TRYP by
Wyndham
Halle for participants of the GAP Days; instructions on how to
make use
of this offer are available on the registration page. More
information
about GAP Days Spring 2019 is available on the website:

  https://www.gapdays.de/gapdays2019-spring

If you have any questions, or doubts about whether this event is
for
you, then please feel free to contact us by email.

Hope to see you in Halle!
  Chris, Markus, Rebecca, and Wilf