Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Nov 24 09:25:25 GMT 2018

Hi Gabor,

> Am 24.11.2018 um 10:16 schrieb Gábor Horváth <ghorvath at science.unideb.hu>:
> 
> 
> Hi All,
> 
> At the "LINK libgap.la" stage of the compilation, I receive the following error message:

That means that GAP could not find the zlib header files and thus had to compile its own version. You can avoid the problem by  installing a suitable package with your package manager; typically something like zlib-dev or libz-dev.

Or use GAP 4.10.0 instead of a GAP development version, then you shouldn't have this problem either :-)

Cheers,
Max

> 
> 
> 
> *** Warning: Linking the shared library libgap.la against the
> *** static library /home/ghorvath/work/gap/extern/install/zlib/lib/libz.a is not portable!
> /usr/bin/ld: /home/ghorvath/work/gap/extern/install/zlib/lib/libz.a(gzlib.o): relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against symbol `gzrewind' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> Makefile.rules:361: recipe for target 'libgap.la' failed
> make: *** [libgap.la] Error 1
> 
> 
> 
> I use debian stretch x64, and what is more puzzling is that I have another machine, with debian stretch x64, which doesn't produce this error. I am trying to compile the git development version of gap, commit ebe360c59300c.
> 
> And of course, after this error, several of the packages won't compile, they complain not finding the appropriate information about gap in the sysinfo.gap file.
> 
> What could cause the error?
> 
> Thanks,
> Gabor
> 
>                        Horvath Gabor
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> e-mail:    ghorvath at science.unideb.hu
> phone: +36 52 512900 / 22798
> web: http://www.math.unideb.hu/horvath-gabor
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Forum mailing list
> Forum at gap-system.org
> https://mail.gap-system.org/mailman/listinfo/forum
> 

More information about the Forum mailing list