[GAP Forum] Error message when compiling gap development version

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Nov 24 09:25:25 GMT 2018

Hi Gabor,

> Am 24.11.2018 um 10:16 schrieb Gábor Horváth <ghorvath at science.unideb.hu>:
>

> Hi All,
>
> At the "LINK libgap.la" stage of the compilation, I receive the following error message:

That means that GAP could not find the zlib header files and thus had to compile its own version. You can avoid the problem by  installing a suitable package with your package manager; typically something like zlib-dev or libz-dev.

Or use GAP 4.10.0 instead of a GAP development version, then you shouldn't have this problem either :-)

Cheers,
Max