[GAP Forum] Online IDE's where one could execute GAP.

Alexander Konovalov alexander.konovalov at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 11:41:17 GMT 2018

You can try GAP in the Jupyter notebook running in the cloud on a service called Binder here:

https://github.com/gap-system/try-gap-in-jupyter

It now offers GAP 4.9.3 and has almost all packages in the working order (with only a few exceptions).

It is a demo service, and you can run a calculation which does not require much runtime/memory
resources there and then download the resulting notebook on your computer if you want to keep it.

Hope this will be helpful,
Alexander

P.S. Not all packages redistributed with GAP are included with the GAP installation wrapped with SageMath.

> On 29 Oct 2018, at 10:13, Tim Boykett <tim at algebra.uni-linz.ac.at> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> I think I had some difficulties with CoCalc last time I tried to use it. I see that Sage also offers SageCell
>
> http://sagecell.sagemath.org/
>
> which may be easier to use. Sage is, as I understand, behind both these products and includes GAP as one of its modules / factors / components.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Tim
>
> On 25.10.18 09:58, Dmitrii Pasechnik wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 07:31:10AM +0000, [Muniru Asiru] maasiru at yahoo.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Forum at gap-system.org
>>>
>>> Online IDE's where one could execute GAP.
>>>
>>> Someone just asked me if there are some online IDE's where one could execute GAP? I do not know. Does anybody know? What do I tell the person? Thanks for any help.
>>
>> One possibility is to use http://cocalc.com
>>
>> HTH
>> Dmitrii
>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>>

>>> Dr. Muniru A. Asiru, Department of Mathematics & Statistics, The Federal Polytechnic, P.M.B. 55, Bida, Niger State, Nigeria. OR Dr. Muniru A. Asiru, P.O.Box. 294, Bida, Niger State, Nigeria. Email Addresses: maasiru at yahoo.com,  remiasiru at yahoo.com, Mobile Phone number: +2348034271010

Dr. Alexander Konovalov, Senior Research Fellow
Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Computational Algebra (CIRCA)
School of Computer Science, University of St Andrews
Software Sustainability Institute Fellow
https://alexk.host.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk
--
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland:No.SC013532