[GAP Forum] Online IDE's where one could execute GAP.

Dmitrii Pasechnik dmitrii.pasechnik at cs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 11:01:41 GMT 2018

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 11:13:30AM +0100, Tim Boykett wrote:
> I think I had some difficulties with CoCalc last time I tried to use it. I
> see that Sage also offers SageCell
>
> http://sagecell.sagemath.org/
>
> which may be easier to use. Sage is, as I understand, behind both these
> products and includes GAP as one of its modules / factors / components.

sagecell is really not for interactive use. It's meant for embedding
live Sage's code snippets in webpages.

Cocalc is very stable on a fast network - one perhaps needs an up-to
date Chrome browser to use it.
You can then open a terminal window in your browser and run GAP as if
it runs on your computer.
By right, it should also include the latest Jupyter kernel for GAP,
allowing one to run GAP in a Jupyter notebook.
http://gap-packages.github.io/JupyterKernel/
It seems that cocalc does have a problem with it, not sure why.
(Perhaps they did not try the latest version).

HTH
Dima