[GAP Forum] GAP 4.9.1 Windows installer

Alexander Konovalov alexander.konovalov at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed May 16 16:08:28 BST 2018

Dear all,

It has been simultaneously reported to us by several other users that the
Windows installer for GAP 4.9.1 does not work when GAP is installed in a
non-default location. I've investigated this, and it will be fixed in the
next release, see https://github.com/gap-system/gap-distribution/issues/50

For now, I suggest either to install GAP in the default `C:\gap-4.9.1`
directory, or to install it in the destination of your choice and then
edit the bin/gap.bat file (or other .bat files, if used) in a text editor
to fix the PATH variable there. Please let me know if you need further
instructions regarding the latter option.

Apologies for inconveniences!

Best wishes
Alexander