[GAP Forum] An issue with finitely presented groups

Alexander Hulpke hulpke at fastmail.fm
Wed Apr 4 08:11:21 BST 2018

Dear Forum, Dear Dr. Rajeevsarathy,

The subgroup you give cannot have index 2, as it is easy to find larger index in finite quotient images. (In fact I think the index is infinite.) Is there possibly a misprint in group or realtors, or why do you think the index should be 2?

(The error message you get is indicating that coset enumeration did not succeed. One can type `return;’ to try with more memory, but of course it can never terminate  if the index is infinite.)

Regards,

   Alexander Hulpke

Mitto ab tabulariUM meum