[GAP Forum] Syntax error

dmitrii.pasechnik at cs.ox.ac.uk dmitrii.pasechnik at cs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 26 12:06:54 GMT 2018

Dear Angel,
On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 12:24:33PM +0100, Angel Blasco wrote:
> Dear forum, I'm a newbie user of GAP so this question maybe looks very
> simple. I've written a function and saved it into a text file called
> "ListaPrimos.g". I've tried to read it from GAP using Read command, and
> this is the output message:
>

> gap> Read("C:/gapListaPrimos/ListaPrimos.g");
> Syntax error: expression expected in C:/gapListaPrimos/ListaPrimos.g line 1
> ListaPrimos:=function(n)
> ^

It appears that you might have saved your function not as plain text,
but as some kind of rich text format. (Thus you see that weird <feff>
there)

Try saving it as plain text. (Perhaps in another editor...)

As well, you might also want to add

local primos, i;

as the 2nd line (GAP likes local variables to be declared).

HTH,
Dima