[GAP Forum] How can I check out Isomorphism Lie Algebras by using gap?

Willem Adriaan De Graaf willem.degraaf at unitn.it
Tue Dec 19 13:42:12 GMT 2017

Dear Elham Shabani,

In general this is a difficult problem.
For two given Lie algebras one can use GAP to find a number of invariants
(the centre, derived subalgebra, Levi decomposition,....).
If one of these is not equal for your Lie algebras, then you have proved
that they are not isomorphic.
However, if they are isomorphic, then the only general way of proving that
(I know of) is to write down the polynomial
equations that come from the isomorphism condition, and then perform
Groebner basis calculations.
In theory this works fine if the ground field is algebraically closed. For
other fields it is more difficult.
If you say what your Lie algebras are, then I might be able to provide more
help.

Best wishes,

Willem de Graaf

On 19 December 2017 at 09:22, elham shabani <e.shabani.1363 at gmail.com>