[GAP Forum] Finding a polynomial whose Galois group is M12

johnathon simons johnathonasimons at outlook.com
Wed Sep 13 13:02:37 BST 2017

Dear all,

Hope the the remainder of the Summer is treating you well. I've a brief question:

Once one has realized a finite group G (say the Mathieu group M12) as a Galois group over Q, is there any method on how to extract a polynomial whose Galois Group is M12? I've seen some papers where they state the polynomials over Q  whose Galois group is M12, but I've never actually seen anything method of doing so. If so, is such an implementation possible on GAP.

Thank you once again,

John