[GAP Forum] Creating Sp(4, Z/2^nZ)

Watson Ladd watsonbladd at gmail.com
Tue May 2 19:59:17 BST 2017

Dear all,

I am interested in a problem about the lifting of mod
p-representations to p-adic representations. To do this I want to
construct the group Sp(4, Z/2^nZ) for some small
values of n in GAP along with the reduction homomorphisms.

If I knew generators this would be easy, but I don't. Does anyone have
ideas for what to do? Also, if there are any books I should look at
for the theory that would be useful: I don't know much about this area
yet as I got thrust into it by research demands.

Sincerely,
Watson