[GAP Forum] egg-box

James Mitchell jdm3 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Nov 8 09:35:26 GMT 2016

Dear Fahima Babaee,

If you use the Semigroups package for GAP:

https://gap-packages.github.io/Semigroups/

you can draw the D-class diagram of a finite semigroup by doing:

Splash(DotDClasses(S));

As long as you have graphviz installed on your computer. If you have
graphviz installed and the above command does not work (it should, but just
in case it does not), then you can write the output of DotDClasses(S) to a
file by doing:

FileString("name-of-a-file.dot", DotDClasses(S));

and then process the resulting file in the terminal by doing:

dot -Tpdf name-of-a-file > name-of-a-file.pdf

to produce a pdf file.

Best wishes,

James