[GAP Forum] Loading problem in GAP

Thomas Breuer sam at Math.RWTH-Aachen.De
Wed Jul 27 13:39:06 BST 2016

Dear GAP Forum,

the problem reported by Mathieu Dutour is due to a recent code change.
It will be fixed in the next GAP version.

(For those who are interested in the details:
A Boolean expression for testing whether the function 'PrintFormattedString'
can already be called had been extended in such a way that 'true' is
returned before the function is available.
Therefore the error happens after the function has been declared and before
it has been installed.)

Thanks to Mathieu for reporting this bug,
and sorry for the inconveniences.

All the best,
Thomas

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:54:49AM +0200, Mathieu Dutour wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> when trying to debug GAP packages installation,
> it is common to use
> SetUserPreference( "InfoPackageLoadingLevel", 4 );
>
> However, if one does that then the error is following:
> Error, PrintFormattedString: function is not yet defined in
>   ValueGlobal( "PrintFormattedString" )( s ); at
> /home/mathieu/opt/gap4r8p4/lib/info.gi:85 called from
> fun( "#I  " ); at /home/mathieu/opt/gap4r8p4/lib/info.gi:93 called from
> fun( InfoData.LastClass, InfoData.LastLevel, arglist
>  ); at /home/mathieu/opt/gap4r8p4/lib/info.gi:336 called from
> message[1] at /home/mathieu/opt/gap4r8p4/lib/package.gi:544 called from
[...]