[GAP Forum] make testinstall fails with GAP 4r8p4

Bill Allombert Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux.fr
Sat Jun 11 22:20:09 BST 2016

Dear GAP team,

I just tried to build gap 4r8p4 and make testinstall fails:

testing: /tmp/gap4r8/tst/testinstall/morpheus.tst
########> Diff in /tmp/gap4r8/tst/testinstall/morpheus.tst, line 14:
# Input is:
LoadPackage("autpgrp", false);;
# Expected output:
# But found:
#I  autpgrp package is not available. Check that the name is correct
#I  and it is present in one of the GAP root directories (see
'??RootPaths')
########

testing: /tmp/gap4r8/tst/testinstall/grpmat.tst
########> Diff in /tmp/gap4r8/tst/testinstall/grpmat.tst, line 32:
# Input is:
Size( AutomorphismGroup( G ) );
# Expected output:
24
# But found:
#I  autpgrp package is not available. Check that the name is correct
#I  and it is present in one of the GAP root directories (see
'??RootPaths')
24
########

This is due to the extra warnings for missing packages.
make testinstall is not supposed to require extra packages.

Cheers,
Bill.