[GAP Forum] Source code of GAP

fatemeh moftakhar f.k.moftakhar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 12:33:19 BST 2016

Dear Forum

The command "Print(ff)" in GAP gives the code of the "ff" written in GAP.
See for example the following command in GAP:
gap> Print(Combinations);
function ( arg )
    local  combs, mset;
    if Length( arg ) = 1  then
        mset := ShallowCopy( arg[1] );
        Sort( mset );
        combs := CombinationsA( mset, 1, Length( mset ), [  ], 1 );
    elif Length( arg ) = 2  then
        mset := ShallowCopy( arg[1] );
        Sort( mset );
        combs := CombinationsK( mset, 1, Length( mset ), arg[2], [  ], 1 );
    else
        Error( "usage: Combinations( <mset> [, <k>] )" );
    fi;
    return combs;
end

If I run the command "Print(CharacterTable)", then we can see the following
GAP message:

gap> Print(CharacterTable);
<Operation "CharacterTable">

Is it possible to find the GAP code for CharacterTable?

If no, is it possible to find the source of the program for calculating
with primitive roots of unity in GAP?

finally where is the library of primitive roots of unity? For example I
need to source program of GAP for computing E(8)-E(8)^3?

Best regards
Fatemeh Moftakhar

--
Regards;