[GAP Forum] How can I fix this problem using Cubefree package

Alexander Konovalov alexk at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Wed Jan 13 23:04:57 GMT 2016

Dear all,

Yes - see also my former comments under http://math.stackexchange.com/q/1607419/

> (This version should actually be listed on the gap website http://www.gap-system.org/Packages/cubefree.html but it isn't -- Alex?!?)

The packages pages on the GAP website are not dynamic - they are updated only after the GAP public release, and reflect the set of packages included in that release. Thus at the moment they match GAP 4.7.9.

When I am telling package authors that the new version has been picked up, it's only the initial step. It is followed by a nightly and weekly testing cycle. It could happen that the package is incompatible with the system or other packages, and then will be put on hold.

You may see the current status report on package updates at this Wiki page:

	https://github.com/gap-system/gap/wiki/Package-updates-status

and also see how packages progress between testing stage:

	https://trello.com/b/CTsB9FTl/package-updates-name-version-pickup-date

At the moment, Cubefree 1.15 passes tests of the release candidate for the public release of GAP 4.8, so it should be safe to use it.

Best wishes
Alexander

--
Dr. Alexander Konovalov FSSI, Senior Research Fellow
Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Computational Algebra (CIRCA)