[GAP Forum] Problem with perfect groups

Stefanos Aivazidis stefanosaivazidis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 18:01:33 BST 2015

Dear GAP forum,

The following code produces an error and I am
not sure what I'm doing wrong. The same thing
works fine with groups of small (<300) order.

Best wishes,
Stefanos

gap> counter:=0;;

gap> for n in SizesPerfectGroups() do

> for k in [1..NrPerfectLibraryGroups(n)] do

> G:=PerfectGroup(n,k);;

> if Order(FrattiniSubgroup(G))=1 then

> for N in NormalSubgroups(G) do

> counter:=counter+Order(FrattiniSubgroup(FactorGroup(G,N)));

> od;

> if counter=Size(NormalSubgroups(G)) then

> Print(StructureDescription(G:short)," ",IdSmallGroup(G),"\n");

> fi;

> fi;

> counter:=0;;

> od;

> od;

A5 [ 60, 5 ]

Error, no method found! For debugging hints type ?Recovery from NoMethodFound

Error, no 2nd choice method found for `FittingFreeLiftSetup' on 1
arguments called from

FittingFreeLiftSetup( G ) called from

MaximalSubgroupClassesSol( G ) called from

FrattiniSubgroup( G ) called from

<function "unknown">( <arguments> )

 called from read-eval loop at line 50 of *stdin*