[GAP Forum] The Bob package to help compiling GAP from source on linux no longer works

Marcelo B. Barboza marcelobbarboza at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 14:22:33 BST 2015

In a not so distant time in the past I used to have success when
compiling GAP from source on linux, in general, either on Ubuntu or
Fedora, with the package created by Mr Max Neunhoffer to do that. That
package used to work like a charm and that's not the case anymore (at
least for two of us, in any of our machines!). We both have emailed Mr
Neunhoffer but nothing (I'm pretty sure he does not have the time -- I
know, I know ;). I would like to know from you if this is temporary? Are
the owners of the website going to keep the link to the package anyway?

Sincerely,
Marcelo.