[GAP Forum] How to obtain the incidence matrix of a partial geometry?

Sven Reichard sven.reichard at tu-dresden.de
Wed Jan 21 12:51:03 GMT 2015

Hello Felix,

the geometry is returned as an incidence graph in GRAPE format. For each
vertex x of that graph, Adjacency(haemers, x) will give you its
neighbours. From that you can reconstruct the adjacency matrix if you want.

For example with the following function:

AdjacencyMatrix := function ( gamma )
    local  result, x, y;
    result := NullMat( gamma.order, gamma.order );
    for x  in [ 1 .. gamma.order ]  do
        for y  in Adjacency( gamma, x )  do
            result[x][y] := 1;
        od;
    od;
    return result;
end

However it could be worth your while working with the graph format as it is.

"delta" just refers to the incidence graph. PartialLinearSpaces returns
a list of those.

Hope this helps,

Sven Reichard
Institut für Algebra