[GAP Forum] Use GAP3 program ( especially the package CHIEVE) for computing the h-polynomials of Lusztig

杨高 shinyasakai at 163.com
Sat Dec 13 15:57:49 GMT 2014

I know about the computation of Kazhdan-Lusztig basis and change between "T" and "C"-basis using GAP3. But how can I compute the $h$-polynomials as defined in
$$c_xc_y = \sum_{z \in W}h_{x,y,z}c_z,$$
for any $x,y,z$ in a Coxeter group $W$, using GAP3?
Or, how can I compute the $f$-polynomials as defined in
$$T_xT_y = \sum_{z \in W}f_{x,y,z}T_z.$$
using GAP3?

This is the first time I send an email to this forum, so please forgive me if there is any improperness.in my language or manner. Thanks.