[GAP Forum] Announcing the LiePRing package

Leonard Soicher L.H.Soicher at qmul.ac.uk
Tue Nov 25 10:01:42 GMT 2014

Dear Forum Members,

It is my pleasure to announce the officially accepted LiePRing (version 1.6)
package for GAP, now available in the newly released GAP 4.7.6.
The LiePRing package is authored by Michael Vaughan-Lee (Oxford) and
Bettina Eick (Braunschweig), and on behalf of the GAP Council, I thank
them for this contribution to GAP.

The LiePRing package gives access to the database of Lie p-rings of
order at most p^7, as determined by Mike Newman, Eamonn O'Brien and
Michael Vaughan-Lee, and provides some functionality to work with these
Lie p-rings. LiePRing makes use of the LieRing package.

The LiePRing package can be downloaded from its GAP webpage:

http://www.gap-system.org/Packages/liepring.html

where you can also find PDF documentation.

Leonard Soicher