[GAP Forum] Cryst and CrystCat

Moritz Schmitt moritz.schmitt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:38:21 GMT 2014

Dear all,

To get a crystallographic group from the databases in Cryst and
CrystCat we have two commands available:

S := SpaceGroupIT(dim, nr)

and

S := SpaceGroupBBNWZ(dim, nr).

In both cases, what we get is a matrix group in GL(dim+1, Q).

How can I find out the basis that is used for this representation? Is
that given by InternalBasis(S) which should be the same as
TranslationBasis(S)?

I have read the documentation of both packages but find it still
impossible to answer this fundamental question. So any help from
someone more knowledgeable will be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Moritz