[GAP Forum] how many memory needed to run a full combination of matrix with element 0 and 1

Lee Martin CCNP tesleft at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 15:45:17 BST 2014

Hi 
I will try to get full combination of index of the list of matrix instead of combination of list of matrix directly tomorrow
hope use to use less memory.
Regards,
Martin

> From: tesleft at hotmail.com
> To: steve.linton at st-andrews.ac.uk
> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:22:43 +0800
> CC: forum at gap-system.org
> Subject: Re: [GAP Forum] how many memory needed to run a full combination of matrix with element 0 and 1
> 
> Hi 
> expect to classifying all combination of ideals with hilbert function
> since i discover
> some ideals have common hilbert function which means
> ideal 1polynomial 1polynomial 2polynomial 3
> ideal 2polynomial 1polynomial 2polynomial 4
> ideal 3polynomial 1polynomial 3polynomial 4
> ideal 4polynomial 2polynomial 3polynomial 4
> ideal 1, ideal 2, ideal 3, ideal 4 have common hilbert function which means that these polynomials come from one common axiom
> then i have a conjecture to classify all combination with hilbert function as key in dictionary
> and see whether have 2 different hibert function have same polynomial, if no, it means it really can classify
> and would like to see whether hilbert function only classify for only one form   polynomial/(1-z)^n
> and then each polynomials can convert back into matrix group and further convert to an axiom.
> Regards,
> Martin
> 
> > Subject: Re: [GAP Forum] how many memory needed to run a full combination of matrix with element 0 and 1
> > From: steve.linton at st-andrews.ac.uk
> > Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 09:54:36 +0100
> > CC: alexk at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk; forum at gap-system.org
> > To: tesleft at hotmail.com
> > 
> > Can you explain precisely what it is you are trying to calculate? It may be that the size and therefore memory requirement of the answer can be easily estimated. 
> > 
> > 	Steve
> > 
> > On 25 Sep 2014, at 09:39, Lee Martin CCNP <tesleft at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Alexander,
> > > i download the latest version of gap and succeed to compile and install with 64 bit versionsudo ./configure ABI=64it is not running virtual machine, it is run as dual boot with window. it has its real partition.however, it still return error, exceed permitted memory.
> > > Regards,
> > > Martin
> > 
>  		 	   		  
> _______________________________________________
> Forum mailing list
> Forum at mail.gap-system.org
> http://mail.gap-system.org/mailman/listinfo/forum

More information about the Forum mailing list