[GAP Forum] how many memory needed to run a full combination of matrix with element 0 and 1

Alexander Konovalov alexk at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Sep 24 21:51:37 BST 2014

Just a partial answer: you may find useful the following commands:

1) NrTuples which will tell you the number of tuples without generating the whole list

2) MemoryUsage which will may tell you the memory needed for a single sample tuple.

Both are documented, so please see the manual for examples.

Also, see IteratorOfTuples - this allows to enumerate them without generating a full list. 

Alexander

On 24 Sep 2014, at 18:06, Lee Martin CCNP <tesleft at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi 
> how many memory needed to run the code below? 
> do gap system have memory limit when run the code below ?
> since got out of memory in maple, i try full combination in gap system in 32bit virtual machine
> my notebook has 8GB ram and assign 2 GB to 4 GB ram for virtual machine
> then i know that 64bit do not have memory limit, then i plan and wait to buy a intel 61 cores for more than 128GB ram in future if i meet memory limit tomorrow.
> it is just full combination of ideals, i can not imagine how much memory need for full combination of modules and whether can run with 61 cores
> onelist := Tuples([0,1,0,1,0,1],3);onelist2 := [];Append( onelist2, onelist );Append( onelist2, onelist );Append( onelist2, onelist );matrixlist := Tuples(onelist2,3);
> ideallist2 := [];Append( ideallist2, matrixlist );Append( ideallist2, matrixlist );Append( ideallist2, matrixlist );ideallist := Tuples(ideallist2,3);
> ___________________________________________actually i expect to try onelist := Tuples([0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1],4);onelist := Tuples([0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1],5);
> onelist := Tuples([0,1,2,0,1,2,0,1,2],3);onelist := Tuples([0,1,2,0,1,2,0,1,2,0,1,2],4);onelist := Tuples([0,1,2,0,1,2,0,1,2,0,1,2,0,1,2],5);
> for above code too
> Regards,
> Martin 		 	   		   		 	   		  
> _______________________________________________
> Forum mailing list
> Forum at mail.gap-system.org
> http://mail.gap-system.org/mailman/listinfo/forum

More information about the Forum mailing list