[GAP Forum] Is it possible to step through the program, like GNU GDB debugger, against built-in functions(ex. DerivedSubgroup, ClosureSubgroupNC )?

buynnnmmm1 at yahoo.co.jp buynnnmmm1 at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Sep 16 22:52:44 BST 2014

Dear GAP forum,

Is it possible to set break points against built-in functions (ex. DerivedSubgroup)?

Is it possible to step through the program, like GNU GDB debugger, against built-in functions(ex. DerivedSubgroup, ClosureSubgroupNC )?

Because I am a beginner the group theory , I would to examine in detail what functions are doing in what procedure .

I check http://www.gap-system.org/Manuals/doc/ref/chap7.html, but I cannot find the function that set break points or step through the function.

With best regards