[GAP Forum] normalizers of normalizers of groups of order 64

Tim Kohl tkohl at math.bu.edu
Wed Aug 20 15:05:50 BST 2014

Hi,

I have computed (in GAP) regular representations of the 267 groups of order 64 and also computed
the normalizers (holomorphs) of these groups in S_64.

What I'm after now are the normalizers of *these* holomorphs, but there are 37 of
them that I can't get my hands on. When I run these in the background, the Linux box
reports a General Protection Fault in gap. However the process seems to be running, and
has not grown larger than the amount of memory I allocated.

The sizes of 36 of these 37 holomorphs I'm trying to compute the normalizer of are pure powers of 2
which probably only adds to their complexity, but I was able to get the other 230 without too
much difficulty.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

	-Tim