[GAP Forum] Piping data to a decoder in GAP

Dmitrii Pasechnik dmitrii.pasechnik at cs.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 27 16:24:27 BST 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 02:39:08PM +0000, Jaco Versfeld wrote:
> I have a strange request - I am running bit error rate simulations in
> Matlab, but would like to compare my results to the list decoder of
> Sudan (implemented in the Guava package).  Would it be possible to
> format my data from Matlab, and "pipe" it to GAP, on a per codeword
> basis?

you might also use Sage (i.e. http://www.sagemath.org), which has both
Matlab and GAP interfaces (from Python).
See e.g.
http://www.sagemath.org/doc/reference/interfaces/sage/interfaces/matlab.html
and
http://www.sagemath.org/doc/reference/interfaces/sage/interfaces/gap.html

Note that also a lot of GAP's Guava functionality is already wrapped into
proper Python classes.
http://www.sagemath.org/doc/reference/coding/index.html

HTH,
Dima