[GAP Forum] Piping data to a decoder in GAP

Jaco Versfeld Jaco.Versfeld at wits.ac.za
Tue May 27 15:39:08 BST 2014

Good day,

I have a strange request - I am running bit error rate simulations in Matlab, but would like to compare my results to the list decoder of Sudan (implemented in the Guava package).  Would it be possible to format my data from Matlab, and "pipe" it to GAP, on a per codeword basis?

Also, I am actually interested in soft-decision decoding of RS codes, therefor I will be using modified multiplicity matrices, as per Koetter and Vardy's paper.  Would it be possible to feed the list decoder with a modified multiplicity matrix?

Kind Regards,
Jaco

Jaco Versfeld (D.Ing)
Senior lecturer
Centre for Telecommunications Access and Services
School of Electrical and Information Engineering
University of the Witwatersrand
Johannesburg

Tel:         +27-11-717-7212
Email:     jaco.versfeld at wits.ac.za