[GAP Forum] Piping data to a decoder in GAP

Jaco Versfeld Jaco.Versfeld at wits.ac.za
Tue May 27 15:39:08 BST 2014

Good day,

I have a strange request - I am running bit error rate simulations in Matlab, but would like to compare my results to the list decoder of Sudan (implemented in the Guava package).  Would it be possible to format my data from Matlab, and "pipe" it to GAP, on a per codeword basis?

Also, I am actually interested in soft-decision decoding of RS codes, therefor I will be using modified multiplicity matrices, as per Koetter and Vardy's paper.  Would it be possible to feed the list decoder with a modified multiplicity matrix?

Kind Regards,
Jaco

School of Electrical and Information Engineering
University of the Witwatersrand
Johannesburg

Tel:         +27-11-717-7212
Email:     jaco.versfeld at wits.ac.za
web:       http://school.eie.wits.ac.za/~versfeld

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="width:100%;"> 
<tr>
<td align="left" style="text-align:justify;"><font face="arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="#999999"><span style="font-size:11px;">This communication is intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent to enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in writing to the contrary. </span></font></td>
</tr>
</table>

More information about the Forum mailing list