[GAP Forum] GAP 4.7.2 release announcement

Alexander Konovalov alexk at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Dec 6 16:03:02 GMT 2013

Dear GAP Forum,

We are glad to announce the next major release, GAP 4.7.2, which is
now available for download at

	http://www.gap-system.org/Releases/

For an overview of changes introduced in GAP 4.7.2, including improved and
extended functionality, fixed bugs, 8 new and many substantially updated
packages, enter '?Changes between GAP 4.6 and GAP 4.7' in GAP 4.7.2 or see

	http://www.gap-system.org/Manuals/doc/changes/chap2.html

Among the alternative GAP distributions listed at

    http://www.gap-system.org/Download/#alternatives

BOB and the Windows installer already provide GAP 4.7.2, while the
rsync-based Linux binary distribution will be updated shortly.
Note that the URL of BOB has changed to

	http://neunhoef.github.io/bob/

We encourage all users to upgrade to GAP 4.7.2. If you need any help
or would like to report any problems, please do not hesitate to
contact us at support at gap-system.org.

As a general remark, please note that we are regularly updating the
GAP distribution to include new versions of GAP packages, but we may not
announce each of them to the Forum. We use the Forum to announce updates
of the core GAP system, but we announce package updates there in general
only if they are really major or if they fix serious issues.

Wishing you fun and success using GAP,
The GAP Group