[GAP Forum] (no subject)

Alexander Konovalov alexk at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Oct 24 10:30:26 BST 2013

Dear Ali Osman,

Please see http://www.gap-system.org/Faq/faq.html#5.4 about LogTo and SaveWorkspace. These two commands are quite different, and the usage depends on whether do you want to save the input and output or the full state of your GAP session. Saving a workspace, one will not be able to read it later in a different version of GAP, while LogTo produces just a text file with the history of inputs and outputs.

Hope this helps,
Alexander