[GAP Forum] [group-pub-forum] 3-net

Miguel Angel Marco Buzunariz mmarco at unizar.es
Tue Aug 20 12:50:04 BST 2013

With that definition, a 3-net is the same as a latin square. The rows are the
lines of one pencil. The columns are the lines of the second pencil. And the
set of all the entries with the same number are the lines of the thirthd
pencil.
The points would be the entries of the square.

Also, you can construct them geometrically over an affine plane... but not over
the reals. It can be done over finite fields.

El Martes, 20 de agosto de 2013 16:24:54 muhammad shah escribió:
> Dear Arun,
> Excellent GAP codes for 3-web written by Dr. Petr are available at
> http://web.cs.du.edu/~petr/gap_routines.html
> (3-Webs and basic operations on 3-Webs)
> and for a nice visualization of 3-web see the paper of
> H. I. Erdorgan (A QUASI-GROUP ASSOCIATED WITH THE WEB
> FORMED BY THREE PENCILS OF CIRCLES WHICH
> BELONG TO THE SAME BIJNDLE).
> Regards,
> Muhammad Shah
>
> Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 00:30:28 -0700
> From: amukti2000 at yahoo.com
> To: group-pub-forum at lists.maths.bath.ac.uk
> Subject: [group-pub-forum] 3-net
>
> Dear Pubbers,                       I am not able to visualize a 3-net of
order 3. Taking three mutually disjoint sets of non-intersecting  lines ,
every line should pass through 3 points and every point should lie on exactly
one line of each class. Can anybody give an example with a diagram ? Thanking
you in advance.ArunIndia Dr. Arun Muktibodh