[GAP Forum] Computing a nonabelian tensor square

Luise Kappe menger at math.binghamton.edu
Mon Jun 17 21:07:27 BST 2013

Arturo,
Your question is completely answered by Theorem 4.4 in the paper
  "Infinite metacyclic groups and their non-abelian tensor squares" by
J.R.Beuerle and L.-C.Kappe, Proceedings Edinburgh Mathematical Society
(2000) 43, 651-662.
The non-abelian tensor square of G is isomorphic to
      C_4 x C_2 x C_0 x C_0,
and the non-abelian tensor square of G/Z(G) is isomorphic to
      C_2 x C_2 x C_2 x C_0.
                Hope that helps,
                                  LCK