[GAP Forum] Wreath Product for Monoids

Attila Egri-Nagy A.Egri-Nagy at herts.ac.uk
Mon May 13 22:38:14 BST 2013

Hi,

It seems that my previous answer made it to the Forum archive, but it
was not dispatched to Forum members.
Here it is:

Dear Jan Philip,

With the development version of the SgpDec package,
https://bitbucket.org/dersu/sgpdec, you can simply do

gap> S1 := Semigroup(Transformation([5,4,2,2,2]),
Transformation([2,3,4,4,5]));
<semigroup with 2 generators>
gap> S2 := Semigroup(Transformation([6,5,4,2,2,2]),
Transformation([6,2,3,4,4,5]));
<semigroup with 2 generators>

gap> S1wrS2 := SemigroupWreathProduct(S1,S2);
<wreath product of semigroups>
gap> Size(S1wrS2);
9143008

This gives the wreath product represented as the full cascade product,
definitions here: http://arxiv.org/abs/1303.0091

However, you already heard the bad news: it is in the development
version. Please let me know if you need help to set it up.

best,
attila